Vol 2. 2016
Ma Elena Paulma, PhD
CNF and Fiction Editor
Ann Catherine Acenas
» Sari sari
Under the Southern Skies: Northern Mindanao Literary Anthology is now accepting works in fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, scheduled for publication in December 2017.
The anthology is open to both established and emerging writers (1) who live in Northern Mindanao, (2) who live elsewhere but grew up in Northern Mindanao, or (3) have spent a good period of time in Northern Mindanao enough to inspire memories and feelings.
The editors are interested in pieces that evoke a strong sense of place, its landscapes, history, and diversity of cultures in Northern Mindanao — Misamis Oriental, Misamis Occidental, Bukidnon, Camiguin, and Lanao del Norte.
This project is spearheaded by the Department of English of Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan in Cagayan de Oro City.
G U I D E L I N E S
• Send up to three (3) pieces of either fiction/flash fiction, poetry, or creative nonfiction. The word limit for flash fiction is 1000, for short story and CNF 7500 words, and for poetry 60 lines.
• Simultaneous submissions may be considered. Kindly inform the editors if the work has been accepted elsewhere. Previously published pieces are considered as long as the copyright stays with or has been reverted back to the author. Under the Southern Skies will cite where the work was first published.
• Submissions may be in English, in Tagalog, or in Cebuano Bisaya.
• Deadline of submission is on 18 January 2017.
• Expected publication of the anthology is December 2017.
• Send all submissions to email@example.com Submissions must be in plain text in the email’s body or attached as a docx, doc, or pdf file. Subject line is “Submission-Author’s Name-City or Province-Genre” (eg Submission-JoyDiaz-Camiguin-Poetry). Contributors are requested to provide a short bionote where previous publications may be indicated. Use standard manuscript format for fiction and CNF (double spaced; Times New Roman font; 12-point type).
• Contributors will get a copy of the anthology and a discount on additional copies.
For more information, you may contact the project coordinator, Professor Arlene J Yandug through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Query-NorthMin.”
sar-sari, Carayan Vol 2. No.1 Oct 2016
© 2016 English Department, Xavier University - Ateneo de Cagayan
All poems, stories and other contributions copyright to their respective authors